How to choose books to read? - Smiley Reader

July 05, 2020

What inspire you most? Music OR Books?
What inspire you most? Music OR Books?
I really had never thought of how I choose a book. I know it’s going to sound cliched but I don't choose books, the books choose me (Harry Potter reference!) 
I’m going to try and write the process of choosing a book: - 

I should be ready for reading a book. This is very very important because sometimes, we don't feel the need to read. 

I make some time for reading. This means, finishing every ongoing TV series and wasting lesser time on YouTube and time pass. 

I make sure that the time is right before the difficult task of choosing a book. You shouldn't be busy with work or homework or exams while you decide to begin reading because when you read a piece of marvel in installments, it’s marvelousness weakens. 

I check my immensely large collection of books to see which book fits the current situation or mood. For instance- I have my end Semester exams next week, I know it is probably not the best time to read but I’d prefer reading something light and something happy in this situation because my life is gloomy and depressing. Like- The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella which I have already read before. This helps me in not getting hooked to the book and in the process wasting a ton of studying time. 

Otherwise, I spend a lot of time on Amazon & Flipkart. I compare which website offers it cheaper. My wish list is exceptionally large and my wallet is exceptionally small. Patience is the key. I also go to bookstores. 

I go around asking people about the books they enjoyed. I have come across a trillion stunning books like that. If you have any recommendations, do let me know! 

I also go through almost every good read list of “Books you should read-” “Best books of -” etc. etc. 

Sometimes, I even too obsess over a country or a particular theme or a particular writer and then I read as many books as I can by/about my obsession. I have read a lot of World War 1 and 2 Literature and books about china. 

I like to read new books. I feel that that book is going to end up being an integral part of my life and will somehow shape me into a different person. I’ll make memories with that hardcover or softcover and whenever I’ll browse through my bookshelf and brush my fingers against it, all the memories will come rushing back. 

Last, I like to set the mood for it. I make a cup of tea, switch off my phone, tell everybody to not disturb me, and sit in a comfortable corner for silence until I am shedding tears. 

Reading is a very spiritual thing for me. I invest a lot of time and even my soul into it.


What is your process of choosing a book to read? comment below 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Choosing book is depending on mood and collection from where being choose with cup of coffee...

    ReplyDelete

About

Welcome to "Smiley Reader"

This blog is created by me to share my knowledge and thoughts to the people. Here you can found more detail information about various topics. I dedicated to giving my blog readers, the updated and true information about the things they want to know.
I hope you enjoy my articles and share to other people spread the words.
- J.A

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *